25 June Paul Gessing
Rio Grande Foundation President, Paul Gessing reviews the following hot-button political issues in New Mexico over the past three weeks:
- The economic impact of canceling the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta estimated to be $187,000,000. What does it mean to lose that event? Does it mean the Fair won’t happen either?
- What is the latest from the Governor’s office about re-opening New Mexico? Her news conference is scheduled for 3:00 pm this afternoon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GovMLG.
- The New Mexico Legislature recently met in a special session without allowing the public to attend. What happened in the NM Supreme Court case that allowed this to happen? What happened in the Special Session itself?
- Paul and Jim discuss the current protests and what they are attempting to achieve.
- What will schools look like this fall? https://errorsofenchantment.com/what-will-new-mexico-schools-look-like-this-fall/