In a sign that even the Democrats are struggling to come to agreement on their “voting rights” power grab, SB 8 has been revised yet again.
As originally described in the Albuquerque Journal the bill was awful.
The first major provision of concern is expanding voting to 16 and 17 year olds.
Here are some of the major points of the bill in bold.
• Automatic voter registration at MVD;
• Allowing 3rd party groups to register voters through a Secretary of State-provided portal;
• Tells Human Services Department register welfare recipients to vote;
• Creates “permanent” absentee voter list;
• Removal of statement regarding perjury from the vote-by-mail envelopes.