According to numerous news reports Anthony Fauci and the Biden Administration are considering reimposing mask mandates to include vaccinated Americans.
Meanwhile, Gov. Lujan Grisham is expected to reveal her Administration’s plans for back to school including masking or not-masking of kids in classrooms and outdoors. This should happen in a matter of days. New Mexico is one of 7 states in the nation with a statewide mask mandate in place for children and interested observers expect Gov. Lujan Grisham to continue with strict policies.
But, there is NO CRISIS when it comes to COVID deaths in the US as the following chart from Word O Meters makes clear:Kids are hardly vulnerable to COVID and there are questions over whether giving the vaccine (if/when approved) to kids under the age of 12 is safer than possible exposure to COVID.
Many New Mexicans, especially those concerned about the impact of indefinite and unnecessary masking of our kids, are protesting throughout the State on Saturday according to John Block of Piñon Post.
On Saturday, July 31, citizens are organizing protests against school mask policies statewide, from Albuquerque to Carlsbad. So far, seven cities are participating, but the list of areas joining in the effort is expected to grow.
- ALBUQUERQUE – 10am – 1005 Osuna, Vista del Norte Park – Contact Erin at Erinmg23@gmail.com or Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARTESIA – 10am – corner of Main & 7th – Contact Stacey at 575-343-1234
- CARLSBAD – 1pm – Eddy County Courthouse Lawn – Contact Christy Bryant at 575-361-7779
- FARMINGTON – 10am – Main Street, Grassy Area in Front of Applebee’s, Near the Mall– Contact Lorna at 480-589-3856
- LAS CRUCES – 10am – Albert Johnson Park on corner of Main and Picacho – Contact Daniel at email@example.com
- RIO RANCHO – 10am – Corner of Southern and 528
- SANTA FE – 10:30am – Salvador Perez Train Park at 601 Alta Vista – Contact Kristi at 505-204-8261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATES: In less than 24 hours since this post was made, the Lujan Grisham Administration released its “back to school” rules for COVID in New Mexico schools, including private ones.
And, while the CDC hasn’t acted yet, widespread media reports indicate that the CDC will recommend that EVERYONE in K-12 schools wear a mask.